General Conditions of Entry
Please see the following links for:
In these conditions the following definitions shall apply:
• "Agreement" - the agreement between you and Runfest/Audio Inspired Running Limited comprised of the Event Conditions and these Conditions of Entry;
• “DPA” – the Data Protection Act 2018;
• "Event" – the Worthing RUNFEST, Richmond RUNFEST and Kempton Running Festival organised by RUNFEST/Audio Inspired Running Limited;
• "Event Conditions" - the terms and conditions, in addition to these Conditions of Entry, provided to you by RUNFEST/Audio Inspired Running Limited in respect of the Event from time to time (below - '11. GENERAL' );
• "Event Date" - the announced date of the Event;
• “Event Details” – the name, image, and event time of each participant
• "Fee" - the fee payable by you (or the charity from whom you obtained the entry) to RUNFEST/Audio Inspired Running Limited in consideration of your participation in the Event, as specified in the Event Conditions;
• "we", "us", "our", "Richmond RUNFEST", "Kew The Run", "Worthing RUNFEST" and "Audio Inspired Running"- means RUNFEST Limited;
• “Officials” – any event officials as appointed by RUNFEST/Audio Inspired Running Limited from time to time;
• “Partners” – any sponsor, suppliers, licensees or partners of the event from time to time;
• “Personal Data” – shall have the meaning given to it in the DPA;
• “Rules” – the laws, rules, and regulations of British Athletics and any other relevant governing body;
• "you" "your" - the entrant to the Event or, where you are signing as a parent or guardian for a child aged under 18 for whom you are responsible, your child;
a) By submitting your application you are agreeing to enter into the Event and also agree to abide by these Conditions of Entry, the Event Conditions and any instructions given to you by the organisers and officials of the Event.
b) Participants in the Event are subject to the British Athletics competition rules and the rules of the IAAF and England Athletics. If there is any conflict between these rules and the Agreement, the Agreement shall apply to the extent of the conflict.
c) Participants must be over the prospective ages on the day of the event the participant is registered to: 18 or over for the Marathon, 17 or over for the Half Marathons, 15 or over for any of the 10K events.
e) Race entries are NOT TRANSFERABLE and NON-DEFERABLE. We do not permit a change of race number. A full refund will only be offered within 14 days of payment. After 14 days from purchase date there will be NO REFUNDS, DEFERRALS TO NEXT YEAR OR TRANSFERS TO ANOTHER RUNNER.*
*Refer to the COVID-19 and Pregnancy Terms and Conditions below for the two exception to this.
2. COVID-19 and Pregnancy Terms and Conditions
a) Runfest/Audio Inspired Running Limited will make every effort to stage the events as advertised. However given the uncertainty regarding Covid 19 and restrictions imposed by the UK Government we recognise it may be necessary to modify the race to meet restrictions in place at the time or, in extreme circumstances to postpone the race to a later date. We make it clear by this statement that as Covid 19 restrictions are not under our control, in the event of postponement we will not offer refunds, but will defer runners to the new date or to another race organised by Runfest/Audio Inspired Running Ltd.
b) We understand that pregnancy brings many changes to everyday life and training for a race may no longer be a priority. If you become pregnant after entering one of our races, we offer a one year deferral to any of our races of the same monetary value. For example, if you had entered the Richmond 10k, you are entitled to a deferred entry to Kew, Richmond or Worthing 10k the following year. Alternatively, you are able to transfer your entry to a friend. To claim your deferral or to transfer your place, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. EVENT SAFETY
a) At all times during the Event you must adhere to all instructions given by the RUNFEST/Audio Inspired Running Limited and Event officials.
b) Participation in the Event is personal to you; you are strictly prohibited from swapping, selling or transferring or offering to sell, swap or transfer the place in the Event or allowing any other person to wear the Event number.
c) Any breach of this Condition shall render the entry void. If you are found to be in breach of this Condition we reserve the right to exclude you from participation in future Events
d) You are not permitted to use the following items in the Event:-
• any wheeled device (subject to Condition 2.5);
• any artificial aid;
• any pets or animals;
• or any other item that could potentially inhibit the flow or safety of other participants or which we, in our reasonable opinion, deem may cause danger or risk of danger to you or other participants.
e) You warrant to us that you will be on the Event Date, sufficiently fit and healthy to participate in the Event unaided and in accordance with the Agreement. If you are in any doubt we recommend that you seek medical advice.
4. EVENT EJECTION
We reserve the right to refuse entry to the Event or to ask you to cease participation if:-
1) you fail to follow instructions given by Event officials;
2) you attempt to participate in the Event in a manner that we, acting reasonably, believe:-
a) may cause injury to you or another participant;
b) may damage or harm the environment;
c) in our opinion is likely to cause offence;
3) or otherwise causes a risk or potential risk to health and safety including any failure, in whole or in part, to comply with the restrictions in Condition 2;
4) in our opinion you are unfit to participate in the Event due to:-
a) the consumption or use of alcohol or drugs;
b) an injury or illness; or
c) you fail to arrive at the start location at the specified time; or
d) you are unable to make sufficient progress in the Event to allow you to complete the event in line with timelines set by Event officials.
5) Competitors will only be eligible for a medal and to feature in the results in they complete the course before the official cut off time (14:30 for the Richmond Marathon).
6) If, in accordance with Condition 3.1, you are refused entry to the Event or we ask you to cease participation in the Event, you must remove your runner's identification number and electronic chip and return them to an Event official.
7) Participants will have their results annulled and be banned from all future events organised by RUNFEST Limited for a period of up to five years if:
a) Their running number is used by someone else in the event, participating in the event using a number registered to another participant, or using a counterfeit number.
b) Found to be selling their number to another person.
c) Falsifying information on the entry form.
d) Any other breaches of the rules.
8) A second breach of any nature will mean results being annulled and a ban of up to life from all future RUNFEST/Audio Inspired Running Limited events. The decision of RUNFEST/Audio Inspired Running Limited will be final.
5. CANCELLATION BY YOU
You should inform us immediately in the manner we set out as being required if you need to withdraw for any reason. If you do so, your fee will not be refunded. If you have obtained a place from a charity then the place will revert to the charity.
6. CANCELLATION BY US
We may cancel the Event if circumstances beyond our reasonable control arise, including, without limitation, war, civil or political unrest, terrorism or inclement weather conditions. We may also cancel your entry if you have obtained it through a third party (such as a club, sponsor or charity) who is no longer entitled to that entry.
In such circumstances:-
a) we will, if practicable, provide written notice of cancellation to the address we hold for you.
b) In the event that written notice is not practicable due to the timescales involved we will use reasonable endeavours to provide other suitable methods of notice including, e-mail, mobile phone, text message, television and radio broadcasts;
In the event of cancellation of the Event or your entry we will have no responsibility for any costs incurred as a result of cancellation including any travel or accommodation costs.
7. DATA PROTECTION
You agree that any audio, visual, or audio-visual recordings that you make of the Event or any part of it are for personal use only and cannot be used for any commercial purpose.
• For the purposes of this Condition 6, personal information includes medical data collected for health and safety purposes ("Personal Information").
• You agree that the Personal Information relating to you can be stored, used by us and our Event partners in connection with the organisation, staging and administration of the Event.
• Medical information may also be used to allow medical assistance to be given to you.
• You agree that the Personal Information relating to you may be anonymised and the anonymised data may be used by us and our Event partners in connection with the compilation of statistical information.
• You agree that your name, image and contact details can be used by us and our Event partners for the purposes of:-
a) the promotion and marketing of the Event;
b) adding you to a mailing list to keep you informed about any future events and services which we believe you might be interested in, such as leisure activities relating to either similar types of events or activities;
c) promotional and marketing material in respect of similar events, other community based activities organised by our Event Partners, (together the "Marketing Information").
If you would not like us or our Event partners to use the Marketing Information or Personal Information other than for purposes related to you participation in the Event, please e-mail us. You may also withdraw your consent by ticking the appropriate box on your application form.
8. CHANGES TO THE EVENT
We reserve the right to change the course, or make any other amendment to the Event that we deem necessary to stage the Event. Any change to the Event will be communicated to you at the Event or sooner if practicable.
Should the course distance be reduced in accordance with Condition 7.1 for the avoidance of doubt you agree that the Event is still deemed to be staged and that we will not be liable to you for any refund.
9. USE OF IMAGE
The Event may be televised, filmed and/or otherwise recorded and photographs may be taken all of which may capture your participation in the Event. You agree to the publication of such photographs, filming, recording and broadcasts and their use by us and those authorised by us in any way which we may see fit now or in the future including but not limited to film, broadcast, radio, TV, publications and publicity.
Any audio, visual, or audio-visual recordings that you make of the Event or any part of it are for personal use only and cannot be used for any commercial purpose.
In no event shall we be liable to you whether for breach of contract, any tortious act or omission (including negligence) or otherwise, under or in connection with the Agreement for any:
1) loss or damage;
2) loss of profit;
3) loss of reputation;
4) loss of business, revenue or goodwill;
5) loss of anticipated savings;
6) pledges made on your behalf or by you to charity; or
7) consequential or indirect loss, regardless of whether the loss or damage:
(a) would arise in the ordinary course of events;
(b) is reasonably foreseeable; or
(c) is in the contemplation of the parties, or otherwise.
Nothing in this Agreement shall affect our liability for death or personal injury, fraud, or any other liability to the extent it cannot be excluded or limited by law.
If there is a conflict or inconsistency between any provision contained in the body of these Conditions of Entry and any provision contained in the Event Conditions, except where provided to the contrary in the latter, the Event Conditions prevail to the extent of the conflict or inconsistency.
1) The Agreement shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
2) If any provision of the Agreement is invalid or unenforceable, in whole or in part, the validity of the remainder shall not be affected.
3) The Agreement does not create, confer or purport to confer any benefit or right enforceable by any person not party to it.
4) You agree that we may publish your Personal Information as part of the results of the Event , the governing body (national or international) or any affiliated organisation for the purpose of insurance, permits or for publishing results either for the Event alone or combined with or compared to other Events. Personal Information here may include (but not be limited to) name, any club affiliation, race times, occupation, nationality and age category.
12. GENDER INCLUSIVITY
Everyone receives a warm reception at our RUN-FEST events. We love to be able to create an environment where everyone can feel welcome and be active without judgement. We recognise that some of our participants feel restricted by the choices of gender provided on registration forms. Therefore, for us to accommodate all of our runners and help everyone feel welcome, we have included options of undisclosed and other to our gender options.However, our events are regulated by UK Athletics and World Athletics, meaning that we are limited on our ability to report results. As currently UK Athletics only recognises a male and female racing category, results must be uploaded to Powerof10 or RunBritian as either male or female. Once results are uploaded to these sites, we are then able to edit your gender category to undisclosed or other. As a results of the restriction we face due to our governing bodies, we are also limited in prize giving. As only male and female racing categories are recognised, we unfortunately are unable to award prizes to anyone racing under undisclosed or other categories. We are aware that some may feel unjust by these regulations and we also welcome changes to be made by our governing bodies. If there are any changes you feel that could be made by RUN-FEST to encourage inclusivity, please contact us at email@example.com.